As the end of the year approaches it’s time to think about ‘resolutions’ for the new year. It’s also the time to take notice and celebrate your achievements from the last 12 months. The time is NOW to join the EVOLUTION REVOLUTION and resolve to evolve!
What are your resolutions for the coming year? Many people make “body” resolutions like losing weight, quitting smoking or being more active. These resolutions are great AND very beneficial for your good health. Have you considered making resolutions to grow and change your spirit as well? Your spiritual resolutions are equally important! They could include a daily meditation practice, daily prayer, following your dreams, expanding inner calm & peace, being more loving and living life from non judgement with awareness.
When you include and put into practice your spiritual goals for the year you create tremendous change, expand your inner (and outer) universe, live from your truth and evolve as spirit! These resolutions bring you back to your spiritual self and knowing who you are. They also help you with the other resolutions because as your attention turns within you are less affected by other energies that constantly pull you away from what you really want!
Keep in mind that New Year’s resolutions often fizzle quickly and I’ve listed a few reasons why this happens. I’ve also listed positive steps you can take so yours don’t fizzle this year.
- There was no plan for taking the necessary steps to reach the goal. Make a plan! If you want to lose weight for instance, what needs to happen for you to do it?
- The goal wasn’t realistic and within your control. Be realistic! Make sure it’s a good fit for your life and it’s in your control. If it’s out of your control and not a good fit you probably will give up on it.
- The expectation was it would happen over night. Start slowly! If you resolve to meditate each day start with 5 or 10 minutes. If you’ve never meditated you are not going to be able to miraculously sit down and quiet your mind for an hour a day.
- Impatience & punishment for perceived failure. Patience and forgiveness are the keys for successfully achieving your resolutions. If you stumble forgive yourself and be patient. Get right back up and try again!
- Maybe it’s not YOUR resolution. Turn your attention inward and make sure that your resolution is something YOU want and not based on a picture or concept of someone else’s.
Evolution, which includes growth & healing, is a gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually better form. Spiritually there is no time or space but it does take time to manifest in the physical. To begin the process it’s a good idea to do a little review. What were your new year’s resolutions from last year? What manifested? Where were you successful? What inspired you? In order to know where you’re going, you need to know where you’ve been! Turn your attention within to reflect upon what worked, what didn’t, the dreams that manifested, the changes you’ve made and how far you’ve come in the last year.
Celebrate and honor your successes from last year!
Positive change must be grounded by a strong foundation and your successes ARE that foundation. Building on what you already have achieved instead of betting your success on the unknown starts that positive change, well, POSITIVELY. 🙂 When you know you are and have been successful in the past you trust yourself and there will be no doubts about your ability to do, have or create something NEW in the future.
Come on! What are you waiting for? Build your foundation for the future! Join the evolution revolution! Make caring for mind, body, spirit and soul a priority by resolving to evolve!~Shine Your Light Debbie
©Debra Taitel 2010-2011 All rights reserved
“VesicaPiscis” by ©Daniel Holeman