Mercury Retrograde in Scorpio October 31st to November 20th, 2019
“Everything turns in circles and spirals with the cosmic heart until infinity. Everything has a vibration that spirals inward or outward — and everything turns together in the same direction at the same time. This vibration keeps going: it becomes born and expands or closes and destructs — only to repeat the cycle again in opposite current. Like a lotus, it opens or closes, dies and is born again. Such is also the story of the sun and moon, of me and you… All energy simply transforms.”Suzy Kassem
This morning I was reminded by my friend Jen how programmed with fear we are about this wonderful and powerful time for clearing illusions and deepening our spiritual connections. Yes, I’m talking about Mercury Retrograde and as with every single Mercury retrograde, I’m prompted to share more about the cycle. The more we know and understand the more we are able to navigate the cycle with neutrality, grace, and ease.
So, let’s clear up a few things so your frown turns upside down and you can sail your way through what looks to be a fantastic period of time and “we can awaken within the dream to glimpse the symbols and signs that are laden with meaning and speak to us from beyond the veil.”~Mystic Mamma
- We’ve been in the pre-shadow for almost two weeks (as of writing this) so it already hit. We don’t just wake up one morning and it’s Mercury Rx. The slow down begins well before the date it starts.
- Astrology is meant as a guidepost, not a hitching post. Don’t get stuck in the programming and fear that runs rampant during these weeks.
- This is merely a time for reflection and paying attention. Get on with your life just pay a little more attention to detail. Offer yourself space to do what the retrograde period is asking you to do which is to review, reflect, revisit, release, clear out and forgive anything lingering. Be sure to include yourself in the forgiveness process.
- Don’t “blame” Mercury Retrograde (or the moon for that matter) for everything that happens. Mercury Retrograde and moon phases (I’m adding the moon because I hear similar things during full or new moon cycles) are natural cycles. Do you blame the rain when the flowers bloom? Do you blame the cold when the leaves on the trees turn glorious colors of red, orange and gold during the fall?
- The cycle is as much about awakening and reviving your creative expression as it is about reflection. Did you start a passion project then put it on the shelf for later? Later is NOW! While this might not be the perfect time for starting a new project, you can certainly plan for a new one and revisit (and possibly integrate) something you started and never finished.
“Some things happen for a reason, others just come with the season.”Ana Claudia Antunes
Mercury retrograde IS an illusion
In fact, Mercury Rx IS an illusion. The planet is NOT going backward. It just APPEARS to go backward. When did clearing illusions and revisiting energy in order to heal get such a bad rap?
Do things go wonky? Yes. Is technology affected? Yes. Do things slow down? Yes. BUT Mercury retrograde simply points out where we are not aware and where we are stuck in an illusion (picture) and sometimes we need to slow down to see and understand things more clearly.
Meditation tip: If you ground yourself and choose awareness, more often than not, you will see something you may have missed otherwise.
Mercury Retrograde is a time when intuition runs high. It gives us the perfect opportunity to slow down and see things in a different light. It also gives us the opportunity to better understand situations (from the past), others and ourselves.
In the fast-paced world we live in, Mercury Retrograde offers us a respite and a time for reflection and revelation. It is a time of increased awareness with ourselves and our relationship to the whole. Use this time wisely.~Shine Your Light Debbie
©Debra Taitel 2019 All Rights Reserved
Debra Taitel is a gifted Clairvoyant, Energy Healer, Spiritual Teacher, Mentor and Guide providing insight and guidance to clients around the world. Her ultimate goal and soul’s purpose is to guide people to connect with their own truth, vision, purpose and spiritual gifts. For more information, please visit her website. To schedule a session: Click Here