“And hand in hand, on the edge of the sand, they danced by the light of the moon.”~Edward Lear
The upcoming full moon on May 21, 2016 will emit a spirited frequency that will surely leave you feeling more playful than in recent weeks.
We can start to celebrate (nearing) the end of a tumultuous Mercury Retrograde by turning our attention within and taking those last few reflective moments as Mercury hangs in the sky preparing to move forward on May 22nd.
This is a time to literally “dance by the light of the moon” and if you happen to be lucky enough to live near a body of water you can do it “hand in hand, on the edge of the sand”. Full moon rituals don’t have to be complicated and there is no right or wrong way to do them.
A full moon ritual honors the cycles and so it’s best to follow your intuition and do what you are guided to do. Create your ritual consciously, with intent and add those elements that hold great meaning for you.
Spend a few days before the full moon thinking about what is meaningful for you. What is your goal? Are you looking to create space for manifesting love or money or beautiful moments? Are you looking to release that which no longer serves you?
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.”~Norman Vincent Peale
The beauty of a full moon is it illuminates “the dark side” and therefore allows us to see with more clarity so we can heal those areas that we are now able to see. The energy of each full moon is different so each ritual might be slightly different depending on where your spirit takes you.
A full moon reflects light and with the tail end of Mercury Rx in our midst, we have a wonderful opportunity to truly light up what lights us up! We have an opportunity to connect with our spirit-self and our inner light in a new way.
“The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human. Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections.”~Tahereh Mafi
Embrace the moon and all it gives us. Honor the moon as the light in the darkness. Again, find what is most meaningful for you.
Years ago I was on a woman’s retreat near the Mojave desert and we decided to walk into the desert, form a circle and chant while each of us took a few moments to talk about what it means to be a part of a sacred circle. We didn’t know what we were doing. We didn’t follow a particular “ritual”.
We did what felt right to each of us. We created space for each woman to speak her truth and then we danced with playful abandon. We giggled and howled at the moon. We soaked up the energy of the moon all the while honoring each other in the process.
Just in case you’d like a bit of direction, here are a few tips to get you started:
- Ask yourself what your goal is for the ritual? Do you want to create space to heal? To manifest love or money or something else? Identify your goal and set your intent for the ritual.
- Mark the time you’d like to complete your ritual on your calendar. This helps ground the space AND it’s more likely you’ll actually do it.
- Honor the moon for it is there for your always. Honoring the moon can be as simple as looking up at the glorious ball of light and giving thanks to it. As long as you’re looking up, thank the stars too!
- Surround yourself with things that hold meaning. You can create an altar or hold in your hand one simple object that holds great meaning for you or simple “be” in a place you enjoy.
- Close your eyes and do a brief meditation to connect yourself (ground) with the earth and the cosmos.
- Create a space to release that which no longer serves.
- Let your mind playfully jump from thought to thought as you ground, center and release.
- With your eyes still closed and a smile on your face look up and feel the moon shining on your face. Literally soak up the energy of the moonbeams! You can even bring the energy in through the top of your head and allow it to gently flow through your entire body.
- Be sure to ask (or put into motion) your intent or your goal and let it go.
- Once you’re in the flow of the moon connected with the earth thank yourself and enjoy that space for however long you wish!
The most profound change happens when we do things that hold great meaning. Make your full moon ritual fun and meaningful. Allow it to change you so you have more space to create, more space to heal and more space to be happy!~Shine Your Light Debbie
©Debra Taitel 2016 All Rights Reserved
Debra is a gifted Clairvoyant Reader, Energy Healer, Author, and Intuitive Business Consultant providing insight and guidance to clients around the world. In addition to her clairvoyant readings, business consulting and healing work Debra also offers one to one personal empowerment sessions and leads meditation workshops to help people heal and awaken to their own truth and spiritual gifts.